Event and Social Media Coordinator Intern at Black Chick MediaExpires February 25, 2014
About the company:
Black Chick Media, LLC focuses on Public Relations, Film/Theater Production and Film Festival Consultation, Writing, and Media related events. Currently, we find ourselves working with both national and international professional artists organizations promoting recognition and empowerment of people in the arts. Our goal is to pool the talents and resources of actors, writers, directors, designers, musicians, artists, producers and all manner of industry professionals through our networking and events to offer support, to open doors, and to create possibilities.
About the position:
Black Chick Media seeks an intern to act as Personal Assistant to the CEO. This opportunity will give the intern valuable real-world experience in public relations, the arts and art event management, writing, research and development. We hope to find an intern who will be enthusiastic about our mission and eager to learn new skills.
The intern will work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Those hours may be worked in any combination at the discretion of the intern and the supervisor. Responsibilities can be scaled appropriately if you are looking for a more intense full-time internship opportunity.
The intern must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess strong research and writing skills. Due to limited office space, the intern will mostly work off-site, so access to a computer is mandatory. Proficiency in MS Word or MAC Pages is required. Some knowledge of WordPress, Dreamweaver and basic HTML is preferred, but is not mandatory.
The intern is considered an integral part of the development team and as such, their ideas and input will be valued.
Payment will be the items produced that the intern can put into their portfolio, as well as real-world work experience. The supervisor can be used as a reference for future job search.
Traits of the right person:
Fast learner with a strong desire to learn more
Proven research skills
Computer & social media savvy
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
High work ethic
Unquestionable integrity, honesty, ability to maintain confidential information
Personable and warm with an engaging “can do” attitude
The main duties of the event and social media coordinator intern will be:
Responsible for coordinating events, including planning menus, booking musicians, putting up decorations, ordering flowers, hiring food and beverage vendors, and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
- Coordinate details of events such as art/theatre/film events, conferences, charity events, and business meetings.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Book talent, including actors, musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
- Sample food and select dishes for menus.
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Prepare presentations.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Secure sponsorships.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
- Create invitee list.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
- Order Step and Repeat Board
- Manage correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
To be considered, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Black Chick Media, LLC
Subject line: Event and Social Media Coordinator Internship
No phone calls please.
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of More than 6 Months