Marketing Internship at E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co.Expires October 5, 2013
About E.E. Ward
Since 1881, E.E. Ward Moving & Storage has provided families with an unmatched sense of comfort and security when relocating and storing their personal possessions. The company is a leading provider of relocation and mobility solutions/services, including local and long distance residential relocation services, employee relocation, office and industrial relocations and move management. For more information, go to: www.eeward.com. E.E. Ward is the Columbus agent of North American Van Lines, Inc., a leading provider of interstate and international relocation services. For more information, go to: www.northamerican.com. The company is located at 1975 Galaxie Street, Columbus, Ohio 43207.
The intern will be asked to provide support to the company, the director of marketing, and its sales team and their overall marketing efforts with a special emphasis in enhancing the company's internet and social media presence and strategy. Past experiences, demonstrated skills and good references will be valued in addition to any coursework in related fields (marketing, digital media, e-commerce).
Minimum hours per week -- 20; Maximum Hours - 40
Pay: $8.50 per hour; non-exempt (seasonal/part-time); no benefits
Start Date: October, depending upon individual schedule
The successful candidate(s) will receive resume building experience and a good reference from a respected company. Our past interns have obtained jobs in their chosen field partly based on their experience gained by working for E.E. Ward.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Intrn could include:
● Assist with the development and implementation of new promotions to attract new customers and encourage referrals from realtors and other sources of business
● Assist Sales Team and Management with positioning the company and individuals on various online social networking platforms (Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, Constant Contact, YouTube)
● Assist management in communicating with strategies and tracking SEO company, lead aggregators, call center and other related vendors
● Assist in the design or layout of promotional flyers, advertisements, and presentations for use by Sales Team and Company
● Assist the sales manager with performance tracking of sales personnel and performance/return on investment of lead sources
● Assist in the company's efforts with post-move surveys and customer satisfaction feedback
● Conduct online and some telephone surveys to measure customer satisfaction of services provided and encouraging customers to post reviews
● Conduct online research on corporations and businesses that the company is targeting for corporate relocation and other business-to- business opportunities
● Assist sales team and move coordinators with follow-up telephone calls to existing customers and prospective customers with pending proposals and estimates
● Entry of company information as necessary into various corporate vendor registration websites
● Research various state, local, federal websites for current bid or solicitation postings
● Some light clerical work will be required
Note E.E. Ward reserves the right to divide up duties among several interns based on the experience and skill sets of the interns and the particular needs of the company.
Requisite Skills and Qualifications
● (REQUIRED) Strong Computer, Internet, and social media knowledge and skills
● The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge, and skill sets: demonstrable and regular use of social networking, feed, bookmarking, blogging, and user-generated content tools such as Twitter, FaceBook, Linked In, YouTube, Blogger, Word Press, Flickr, etc. General knowledge of SEO and website optimization.
● (REQUIRED) Must have basic design skills for advertisements, posts, and flyers (candidates should be able to demonstrate these skills or show samples of this type of work, as necessary)
● (REQUIRED) Good writing ability for blog stories, press releases and other content driven projects is required
● (REQUIRED) Intern must have own laptop with appropriate software and Wi-Fi internet access for use during internship; Intern must be able to use a digital camera, but does not need to own one; any video skills would be welcome
● Outstanding Interpersonal and oral communication skills (telephone primarily); please let us know if you have any sales or customer service experience
● Willingness to learn about a new industry that primarily services the consumer market and work in sales oriented environment
● Ability to generate ideas to help meet our business objectives
● Some ability to work independently on projects with minimal guidance and off-site
● Dependable transportation to reach office and run errands as necessary
This is an opportunity for a college student or recent graduate. We do not want to hear from consultants or business services companies regarding our business needs listed above.
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of Flexible