Marketing/Communication Intern at Community Shares of Mid OhioExpires August 31, 2013
Community Shares of Mid Ohio is a local nonprofit fundraising on behalf of almost 60 member nonprofits in Columbus and central Ohio. Our mission is to build mutually beneficial relationships and secure resources to empower our member nonprofits in central Ohio. We’re looking for passionate, hard-working individuals who want to give back to their community while gaining hands on experience.
Community Shares is currently seeking candidates for a part-time Marketing & Communication Intern. We are seeking candidates that are available 8-10 hours per week for an overall commitment for 12-15 weeks. The schedule is flexible and can be constructed around candidate’s availability within the hours of 9am to 5pm, with some work from home options available.
As an intern you’ll assist the Community Relations Director in drafting, creating, and distributing content from the member nonprofits through an e-newsletter, website, social media, press releases and work with local media. Necessary skills include writing, researching, flexibility, self-starting, multi-tasking, well-organized and willing to learn new skills as needed. Additional skills and expectations are listed below.
Assist With Content Development:
· Donor e-newsletter
· Blogs, videos, photos for website
· Press Releases
· Social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
· Review and prepare materials for workplace giving campaigns
· Research and develop partnerships and new programs
· Provide support for workplace giving campaigns
· Assist with implementing communications and marketing plan for the year
· Assist in developing content for 20th anniversary year and celebration
· Very good writing skills
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism
· Internet Research skills
· Some technical proficiency
· Able to successfully multi-task
· Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample. If this internship is for college credit, please supply an outline of your school’s requirements of both the intern and the internship site
Applications are due August 31, 2013. Start date is September 16, 2013. Please send materials to Ryan Kovalaske, Community Relations Director, at email@example.com.
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of 3 to 4 Months