Creative Marketing Design Intern at Outlook MediaExpires September 30, 2013
Outlook Media is Ohio’s premier progressive, urban, alternative, LGBT media company. Our mission is to create partnerships between our community and clients through print and digital advertising, traditional and new media, networking, and sponsorship opportunities. We are seeking talented and creative individuals to join our dynamic team to carry out this mission and support the growth of our multi-media family of products. To learn more about Outlook Media please visit: www.outlookcolumbus.com
We are currently seeking candidates for a part-time, unpaid Creative Marketing Internship. Ideal candidates will be available 10-20 hours per week for an overall commitment of 12-16 weeks. The schedule is flexible and can be constructed around candidate availability within the hours of 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, at our Short North office located at 815 N. High St, Basement Suite G.
This position reports directly to Chad Frye, Sales and Marketing Director, and Erin McCalla, Managing Editor. The primarily responsibility of this position is to assist with all efforts related to creative marketing and graphic design goals and projects. Specific duties and tasks assigned to the intern may include, but are not limited to:
· CCreation of attractive ad layouts, flyers, banners, and other graphics as needed, for both print and web
· Photo editing
· Storyboarding design concepts for projects
· Illustration of designs as needed
· Collaboration with marketing team on development of creative concepts
· Administrative duties as needed
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Visual Arts, Art Direction and/or Marketing majors preferred
· Working knowledge of graphic design and visual communication principles and concepts
· Proficiency with Photoshop, as well as experience with all Adobe Creative Suite programs
· Proficiency with Apple/Mac hardware and software applications
· Ability to work with a variety of different mediums
· Ability to identify opportunities and pursue accordingly
· Web development and Word Press knowledge preferred, but not required
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
· Well organized, detail oriented, energetic self-starter that’s punctual and reliable with a strong work ethic
This internship is a great opportunity to develop skill sets, build resumes, and gain meaningful experience. While it’s unpaid, it comes with a variety of benefits. We offer several events to attend, both social and networking related, as well as opportunities to build a large and professional network of contacts. Interns can also expect to develop meaningful relationships with mentors and peers. Additionally, there are always promotional items, products, samples, event tickets and coupons for offer to interns.
Sound like the opportunity for you? Interested in learning more? Please email your resume to email@example.com today!
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of 3 to 4 Months