Video Production Intern at ECOT (Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow)Expires September 6, 2013
Fast track your career with the Video Production Undergraduate Internship Program, now offered through ECOT. Through our program, interns will receive hands-on training and real life experience in the field of Video Production.
ECOT is the first and largest online K-12 school in the State of Ohio. Because our student population is vast and diverse, the goal of our Video Production Department is to foster a sense of community and pride amongst our students and faculty. Our award winning Video Department, based out of Columbus, Ohio, is on the cutting edge of online learning technology, staying up to date with industry trends to produce relevant content to thousands of student viewers on a bi-weekly basis. While the primary product of the department is ECOTtv (www.ecottv.com), other projects include internal, broadcast, and non-broadcast video content.
The Video Production Intern will have the chance to be directly involved in all areas of video production, from pre-production to post-production and will assist the Production Coordinators with video shoots for both ECOTtv and internal ECOT videos. This position will give interns a true glimpse into the world of corporate video production.
VIDEO PRODUCTION ASSSISTANT
- Creatively contribute toward the goals of the ECOT Marketing Team
- Assist Producers with catalog past, current and future productions
- Point-of-contact between ECOT Production Staff and video subjects, locations and production resources
- Encourage participation amongst ECOT students, parents, and staff
- Elicit news and announcements from ECOT staff for potential video projects
- Foster a sense of community in communication with ECOT students, parents, and staff
- Participate in production meetings
- Collect permits, location releases and talent/photo releases
WRITING FOR SCREEN
- Develop concepts and ideas to serve the goals of the ECOT Marketing Team
- Create and edit documentary-style scripts, outlines and voice-overs
- Identify and develop concepts that follow storytelling conventions
- Provide creative input towards the development of story concepts
- Ingest and archive footage
- Locate and gather resources for edit including: names and titles, photos, production music, sound effects, video effects and motion graphics
- Organize resources within NLE software
- Create a video edit according to script or outline
- Export or conform video edits for various destinations: web, mobile, DVD, television, Blu-Ray Disc and archival formats
One year completed in a specified degree program. Two years preferred.
Must be current student with GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Major must be in video, film, communications, or related field
Experience in MS Word and Excel
Must be familiar with non-linear editing software, digital media formats, and video compression
Ability to meet deadlines without constant supervision
Strong attention to detail
Strong written and oral communication skills
Proven ability to effectively relate to people with a variety of educational backgrounds and communication skills. Working well with students ages K-12 is important for this position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is required to travel; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for ECOT’s Video Production Internship, email resume and cover letter to Elizabeth McPherson at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of 3 to 4 Months