Champion of Children Intern at United Way of Central Ohio
Expires July 29, 2013
The Champion of Children Intern will provide general assistance to United Way of Central Ohio’s Director of Champion of Children and Administrative Assistant.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support with contact database maintenance, tracking and follow-up
- Assists director with all aspects of the Champion of Children events including execution and staging, communication and follow-up and other logistics as assigned
- Assists with formatting, writing, editing and distribution of internal and external communication including but not limited to emails, meeting notes, memos and letters
- Assists administrative assistant with meeting preparation, support and follow-up for Champion of Children related committee meetings
- Helps manage Champion of Children volunteers
- Assists director with communication, coordination, follow-up of education journal and engagement events
- Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, creating and maintaining binders, files and reports, completing mailings, managing inventory, conducting research, developing and managing databases, compiling packets, photocopying and faxing.
- Assist with development of related print materials by providing editing, copy development and printing support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and flexibility
- Interest in education issues and familiarity with Columbus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Experience with MS Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Constant Contact and Wordpress is a plus.
- Ability to run copier, scanner, phone system and printer
- Junior/Senior/Graduate student pursuing a degree in Education, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- This is an unpaid, part-time internship with a minimum requirement of 15 hours per week (37.5 max).
- Summer/Fall/Winter Internships are available with a minimum duration requirement of 12 weeks
- Must have access to a personal vehicle
Please send a cover letter and resume to Champion of Children at email@example.com.
This is a Short-term internship offered for a term of 3 to 4 Months
You must be a registered user of ColumbusInternships.com in order to apply for this position.
If you're already registered, login or sign up now.