Editorial Intern at Xcelerate Media, Inc.Expires June 30, 2013
Xcelerate Media, Inc., headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a full-service interactive solutions company that uses the latest technology and advanced instructional design techniques to deliver custom e-learning and interactive marketing solutions and develop mobile applications. We are seeking dynamic individuals with high energy and drive, who are self-motivated and results oriented to join our team.
Editorial Interns are talented individuals who assist with proofing and editing our e-learning storyboards and other written documents. We are looking for interns with exceptional writing and editing skills, sharp analytic skills and meticulous attention to detail. Interns will be responsible for completing assignments on deadline while adhering to company-established processes and methodologies. This opportunity will provide interns with a hands-on experience copyediting and in an agency environment.
· Provide direct support to Technical Writers
· Proofread and edit outlines, storyboards and other courseware-related documents
· Quality Assurance of documents written by other team members as necessary
· Document preparation
· Perform other related activities as assigned
- College student studying English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, Technical Writing or Instructional Design
- Proven experience in proofreading and editing
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team-player, responsible and organized
- Self-motivated, professional and energetic
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Compensation: This internship will be offerred for volunteer experience or for college credit. We will work with you to meet your school's requirements for credit.
Schedule: Position to be filled by June 1, 2013. Hours are flexible, but candidates must be available the same hours each week.
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of Flexible