Pearl Market: Public Relations & Marketing Intern Summer 2013 at Pearl MarketExpires May 30, 2013
Pearl Market is offering an internship position beginning in May. This is an unpaid, experience-driven position that offers experience and insights to business administration, public relations, event management and marketing. The position entails:
- Develop, write, edit and distribute weekly e-newsletter that includes vendor profile, video, recipe of the week, market news as determined by the Pearl Market Manager and Marketing Director.
- Research and draft press releases and web articles
- Conduct a variety of office/administrative activities
- Phone communications
- Event setup, promotion and monitoring
- Minimum 15-20 hours per week
- Completed 12-16 credit hours in public relations, journalism, marketing, or core communication classes
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong videography & editing skills
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and I-movie
- Maturity and dependability
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
Application instructions: Applications should submit a cover letter, resume and writing samples (maximum 500 words) or link to a video they have produced via:
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Pearl Market
Attn: Adam Schroeder
23 N. Fourth St.
Columbus, OH 43215
About Pearl Market
Set in the hub of downtown Columbus, Pearl Market offers a unique opportunity for people downtown to purchase farm-fresh produce, baked goods, specialty foods and drinks, health and beauty products, cards and small gift items, arts and crafts, home decor, fashion and entertainment items.
Conveniently located in the urban alleyways between Broad, High, Gay, and Third Streets, the primary objective for the Pearl Market is to develop a merchant mix that reflects the rich cultural diversity of Central Ohio while encouraging customers to purchase fresh locally grown produce and other goods. The market provides an effective retail incubator for entrepreneurs to test the downtown market.
Pearl Market operates annually on Tuesdays & Fridays from mid-May through October from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Pearl Market is underwritten by Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District. Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District covers a 38-square block area in the core of downtown Columbus. Funded by assessments from more than 500 properties and voluntary contributions, Capital Crossroads SID supports the development of a safe, clean, attractive, unique and easily accessible downtown, which serves as the foundation of business, residential, cultural and entertainment centers of the region promoting Columbus as one of the premier downtowns in the nation.
Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District hereby agrees that in the hiring of its employees, it shall not discriminate against any person who is qualified by reason of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of Flexible