Application Programmer (.NET; Java) - Intern at Franklin County Data CenterExpires May 10, 2013
Franklin County Data CenterJob Description – Internship Program
Job Title: Application Programmer (.NET; Java) - Intern
Department: Development Services Division Reports To: Application Developer Team Lead Pay Grade: Non-Compensated
Location: Columbus, OH 43215
Start Date: Upon Selection
End Date: September 1st, 2013
Summary: Participates in writing new computer programs or applying enhancements to existing programs. Creates, enhances, troubleshoots, documents, and maintains software. Assists in preparing test data and performs program-level and system-level testing. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with team members and customers to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain customer approval.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program.
- Analyzes, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
Internship Program Information: Candidate must be enrolled in a college (IT related) or technical school program. A security background investigation will be required. This Internship will be approximately 12 weeks with a part-time schedule of approximately 10 – 20 hours per week. Normal work hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm. The Intern will be mentored by an Application Developer following an Individual Development Program of tasks and standards. A performance evaluation will be provided to the candidate and faculty. This Internship program is for the benefit the candidate. Future employment opportunities would be based on standard hiring practices and selection is not guaranteed. For further information please contact:
Human Resource Specialist
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of 3 to 4 Months