Columbus Children's Theatre Marketing Intern at Columbus Children's TheatreExpires January 10, 2011
Columbus Children's Theatre (Columbus, Ohio)
Type: Summer, Unpaid Internship
For 47 years Columbus Children’s Theatre (CCT) has been a driving force in central Ohio inspiring and enriching the lives of children and their families through live theatre and theatre education. Each year over 100,000 children and their families have the opportunity to participate in all facets of the theatre arts through our 3 programs: CCT Theatre Series, CCT Professional Touring Company and CCT Academy.
Columbus Children’s Theatre’s marketing internship is an exciting opportunity to learn the basics of theatre marketing while honing/acquiring valuable skills. As an integral member of the marketing and communications department, the Marketing Intern assists in the planning and execution of Columbus Children’s Theatre’s marketing plan and assists with activities that help reach the theatre’s earned income goals, which may include: marketing research; brainstorming promotional ideas; developing website content and generating email, brochure and ad copy and/or graphics. Some clerical and administrative duties will be expected, as well as involvement with special events.
While Columbus Children's Theatre insists on a minimum time commitment of 10 weeks and the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern.
See http://www.colschildrenstheatre.org/ for more information about the company.
As an Intern at Columbus Children’s Theatre, you will…
- Interact with Columbus Children’s Theatre’s staff, board and visiting artists, as well as members of the dynamic theatre community in the Columbus-metropolitan area
- Have your own email address and work station
- Attend company meetings
- Get free tickets to all Columbus Children’s Theatre productions
- Attend special events at Columbus Children’s Theatre
- Have the opportunity attend rehearsals of Columbus Children’s Theatre productions
We're looking for an Intern who
- Is a self-starter and able to work without detailed supervision
- Is conscientious and good with details
- Possesses initiative and strong self-management skills
- Has professional demeanor
- Has excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Has strong web and computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint)
To be considered for an internship position at Columbus Children's Theater, applicants are asked to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating his/her specific interest, availability, and level of commitment
- Current resume including administrative and theatrical experience (performance resume not necessary)
- A letter of recommendation from an employer, professor, etc.
- A writing sample - Do not submit a work of fiction or a script
- (If the applicant intends to arrange college credit for this internship) An outline of his/her school's requirements of both the intern and the internship site
Email your resume and supplemental materials to email@example.com or send all application materials to:
CCT Marketing Internship
Columbus Children's Theatre
177 E. Naghten St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Recent graduates are welcome to apply. Review of applicants will begiimmediately and will continue until the internship is filled.
Although the internship at Columbus Children’s Theatre provides a wealth of experience (and the opportunity to work with some great people, if we do say so ourselves!), it is unpaid. Whenever possible we will work with our intern to meet requirements to gain college credit for internships. Columbus Children’s Theatre is not able to supply housing.
Columbus Children's Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age, Handicap or National Origin.
This is a Full-time internship offered for a term of Flexible