Public Relations & Social Media Internship at Groove U LTD
Expires September 15, 2016
About this Position
GROOVE U, a post-secondary music industry career program, has a part-time internship opening for a creative innovator to lead publicity, marketing, social media, special projects and events. This individual will work independently, and with support from a close-knit, collaborative team at GROOVE U’s creative campus. Candidates must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution in order to be eligible for this internship.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive GROOVE U’s vision by developing and implementing marketing strategies to effectively communicate the GROOVE U brand, build awareness and increase enrollment.
Create and manage content for GROOVE U’s websites and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc.
Develop promotional materials for admissions, marketing, events, sponsorships, and the like.
Establish and nurture relationships with local, regional and national media as well as music industryeditors. Craft publicity materials, such as news releases, and distribute to media and key stakeholders to help GROOVE U secure monthly media coverage.
Work closely with the GROOVE U team to conceptualize and lead the production of creative web-based content marketing, e.g. website content, multi-media and videos, to help build brand awareness and drive enrollment.
Establish and nurture relationships with industry and corporate partners to secure sponsorships and scholarships for students.
Assist GROOVE U team with government-related affairs including, higher education legislation, and national and regional accreditation.
Occasional travel to college fairs and recruiting events.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in communications, public relations or marketing for a small business, higher education institution, creative media agency or the like.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in publicity, digital and social content development, as well as a passion for music are required.
Additional qualifications include:
- Candidate *MUST* be working towards Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, and experience working on multiple projects.
- An innovative thinker and creative problem solver.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Mac OS X, and/or PhotoShop preferred not required).
- Audio and video production skills preferred, not required.
Internship Type: part-time 10-20 hours weekly.
To Apply: please send a resume and cover letter in a PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line “PR & Social Media Internship” by September 15, 2016.
# Positions Available: 1
Sectors: Arts & Creative, Education
Industries: Higher Education