Executive Assistant at Columbus Chamber Of Commerce
Expires February 13, 2017
About this Position
We’re the movers and the shakers in the Columbus business world. It’s our job to connect Columbus Chamber members with the resources they need to help their businesses grow and flourish and to advance a thriving Central Ohio community.
The Executive Assistant will be an integral part of the operations of our office. They will support the President & CEO, the management team, and serve as the Secretary to the Board of Directors. They will ensure that our team is more efficient and effective with how we serve our members. The Executive Assistant will help the executive management team with research requests, scheduling, planning and coordination.
- Schedules, organizes, and prioritizes work activities to ensure that obligations and deadlines are met.
- Maintains frequent contact in carrying out responsibilities of office with Chamber leadership and other staff, the board of directors, community leaders, local businesses, and other organizations with which the President & CEO is involved.
- Attend and participate in meetings regarding the President & CEO’s involvement in special projects in order to brief the President & CEO on his role in the project or activity.
- Anticipate the needs and gather information for management team’s participation in meetings, which may include seeing that assignments are given to appropriate staff for preparation of information and writing of remarks when necessary.
- Gather information, compose, and distribute correspondence and reports relating to the management team’s involvement in special or routine projects.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the management team both on-and off-site involving such activities as preparing agendas, time schedules, and travel arrangements.
- Act as Secretary to the GCCC Board of Directors and Executive Committee, as well as additional Chamber committees, with responsibility for meeting schedules, notices, agendas, attendance, and minutes.
- Compose and distribute correspondence when appropriate.
- Process expenses for payment relating to the management team.
- Establish and maintain files on a current basis for easy access to pertinent information and data.
- Assist with events and special programs such as, but not limited to; coordinate the participation of speakers, award recipients, prominent guests, politicians, as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience with or responsibilities of an administrative role
- Experience in client service, customer service, sales, or management
- Proficient and efficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Great attention to detail and precise in efforts
- Strong writing skills
The Right Fit
The right fit will be someone that is organized, professional, punctual, responsible, and can effectively communicate. The Executive Assistant is someone that values cross-functional teamwork and believes in a hard work ethic. This person will exercise discretion and will be able to interact with all levels of staff appropriately. Must love Columbus.
How to Apply
This is a full-time, entry level position. Please send resumes and cover letters to [email protected] by February 13.
# Positions Available: 1
Sectors: Headquarters and Business Services
Industries: Membership Associations