Accounting Intern at Military Veterans Resource Center
Expires September 16, 2016
About this Position
Military Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides social services to military veterans and their families. The Accounting Intern is responsible for the recordkeeping of Veterans in Transition Inc. (VITI), a subsidiary of MVRC, and assists the Director of Finance with day to day financial activities. The Accounting Intern reports to the Director of Finance.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Post journal entries into the General Ledger.
- Enter transaction data into QuickBooks with a breakdown into programs and classes.
- Gather financial transaction data from print and cloud based sources.
- Track the collection and payment of state sales taxes.
- Complete monthly bank statement reconciliations.
- Enter vendor bills and cash deposits into QuickBooks.
- Research and identify errors in transaction histories.
- Make transaction entries using accrual based accounting.
- Enter customer credit card purchases and refunds.
- Assist management with various accounting tasks as needed.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- Pass National Sex Offender Registry and State of Ohio BCI criminal history checks.
- Applicant should be pursuing a bachelor-level accounting degree.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are essential.
- Must be professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must understand and practice confidentiality of financial records.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus.
- Familiarity with veteran/military culture and issues is a plus.
- Military service is preferred, but not required.
- We would like a commitment to 16-20 hours per week between 8 am and 4:30 pm
Apply to : [email protected] with your resume
# Positions Available: 1
Sectors: Government & Social