2017 Inside Member Specialist at Columbus Chamber Of Commerce
Expires February 21, 2017
About this Position
We help businesses grow and thrive through our various member services including connections, government affairs, marketing, and talent resources. Our member specialist team serves as the go-to connectors for our members. This role will be responsible for a rich portfolio of companies. We are looking for someone to be a strategic problem solver, energetic, and loves Columbus to help businesses navigate their different needs.
- Independently manage a portfolio of 500 Chamber members and create a process by which members are regularly reached out to (various outreach via e-mail and phone)
- Interface with members on a daily basis to help problem-solve their business needs
- Connect the dots on business needs by making useful introductions for our members
- Understand all of the Chamber offerings and effectively communicate them to Chamber members
- Work with internal teams (Marketing, Talent Connections, Logistics, Small Business, and Government Relations) to help Chamber members get the most out of their membership
What Does It Take?
Exceptional customer service. Being an active listener with strong problem-solving skills is a must. This position requires a candidate with the ability to think strategically and bring fresh insights to CEOs, business owners and operators. Candidates must be able to manage time effectively and deliver results. Our team of Member Specialists is comprised of employees who go the extra mile on a daily basis.
- Energy and enthusiasm for helping businesses grow
- An ability to represent the Columbus Chamber before C-level leaders
- Willingness to serve members and perform any task, small or large, to help businesses thrive
- Passion for helping others and solving problems
- Professional acumen; ability to engage, interact, and be comfortable around Columbus business professionals of all levels
- Active learner and forward thinker who excels at identifying ways to help members leverage their Chamber membership
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- You must love Columbus and free enterprise
Education & Experience
- A demonstrated knowledge of contact management software (bonus points if you are familiar with Weblink)
- Experience in client service, customer service, sales,or management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- An undergraduate degree is preferred
Cultural Fit & Work Environment
Our Member Specialists are personable, professional and never slow down. We are looking for someone that matches their passion for both the business community and the willingness to serve our members. There is definitely a bonus if you’ve been responsible for a business or worked in business services.
Submit resumes to [email protected]by Tuesday, February 21 at 9:00 AM.
# Positions Available: 1
Sectors: Headquarters and Business Services
Industries: Membership Associations